|

I can’t work with ‘Dictator’ Mamata Didi - Minister

DNA
Kolkata: Angry over Mamata Banerjee clipping his wings by taking away two departments in a reshuffle, Monoj Chakraborty of Congress called the West Bengal chief minister a “dictator”. “I spoke to Pranab Mukherjee. He said he would look into the matter but for me enough is enough, I cannot work with vindictive dictator (Mamata) and bear with this government’s arbitrariness. If party is under any compulsion, they should find another man in my place. My resignation is ready, I have only to put date,’’ he said.

Chakraborty, who had criticised the chief minister when she asked the Congress to walk out of the alliance if it so desired, lost two portfolios — parliamentary affairs and small and cottage industries.And he was made minister of state for food processing and horticulture. When reporters asked Banerjee about the reshuffle, she said, “I had informed Manas Bhuian.’’ Chakraborty even questioned the performance of the chief minister. “People are questioning her performance,’’ he said. “I shall not come to Writers’ again,’’ he added.

He also did not spare senior state Congress leader and minister for irrigation Manas Bhuniya. Accusing Bhuniya, of doublespeak, Chakraborty said, “He has been repeatedly asking me to tell Pranab babu how long more the Congress should stay in the ministry by stomaching all sorts of insults.”

Posted by Unknown on 20:26. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

0 comments for "I can’t work with ‘Dictator’ Mamata Didi - Minister"

Leave a reply